Thursday, 12 February 2015

Quickly!

One thing I love about working with the group I have been with all year, is that we have the same attitude when it comes to ideas. We will set a target for a meeting and then we're not allowed to leave until that target is reached. 
So far our project idea has come together really rather quickly, leaving my Head Researcher role at a bit of a dead end. If we were to do something which involved finding a dance troop or writing a documentary on the history of hip-hop, my role might be slightly more fulfilling. 
At the moment I am simply contributing to ideas along with everyone else and I am finding ways to design our display if we cannot get hold of an easel... Have I mentioned that yet? No? Oh...

One of the most genius ideas yet to happen in our marvellous group came from Leanne, who suggested we display our projection onto a canvas, which is on an easel. It is brilliant!

Picture this:
Completely white room, powder paint all over the floor, kid of about the age of 10 walks in and starts dancing into the paint, using his dance moves to throw powder paint around the room so he is Painting With Rhythm, and then this visual to be projected onto an artists' easel! It would simulate that the canvas is being painted... almost... we're working on it.

We're going to address the issue of whether on not to include sound in our piece... some do, some don't... Let's just hope it doesn't resolve to rock, paper scissors!

No comments:

Post a Comment